WormScanner Installation Notes
WormScanner is part of QuantWorm (a software package for automatic phenotyping in C. elegans).
It was verified to work using Java version 1.6 (or higher)
- Download the zip file of WormScanner and extract it. A folder named WormScanner will contain the software.
- WormScanner uses video and stage components from WormTracker 2.
Due to their license restrictions, please download their software directly from their website.
- Install WormTracker by following their installation instructions.
- After installing WormTracker, find the main 'jar' file of WormTracker, likely with file name: WormTracker.jar
- Copy such jar file to the 'lib' folder of WormScanner
- Compile WormScanner
- We utilize ANT to compile WormScanner; there is a build.xml already inside the WormScanner folder.
In case that you get an error about missing/unknown CameraInfo, then replace the two occurrances of CameraInfo.CMU1394 by "CMU 1394 Digital Camera Device"
Note that the 1394-camera needs to be setup to be recognized via Java's JMF, such as following these steps: camera-1394
- Otherwise, compile WormScanner by including into the classpath each of the jar files inside the 'lib' folder.
- Run the program via clicking on the file: runit.bat
Contact: Boanerges Aleman-Meza (mag AT wormloco.org).
Last update on 12/18/2016